Applying theory to practice in marriage and family | psychology
April 27th, 2020
Summative Project Assignment:
Choose a contemporary challenge or problem faced in couples or families today. Examples are numerous, but could include:
- Divorce and remarriage
- Abuse in family systems
- Sexual Intimacy
- Challenges in parenting
- Loss of Employment
- Managing Economic Resources
- Specific Issues of Grief and Loss in the Family
Chapter 3 looks at how different conceptual frameworks impact the ways we view or understand families. Choose from one of the theories or frameworks covered in the class:
- Family Systems Theory
- International Family Strengths Framework
- Family Development Framework
- Symbolic Interaction Framework
- Social Constructionist Framework
- Feminist Framework
Address ALL of the following questions:
- Discuss how someone working within this theory might evaluate or support a couple or family dealing with your chosen challenge.
- Examine how your faith perspective impacts your personal view of this issue itself, using a scriptural, religious, and/or ethical foundation to support your viewpoints. Also evaluate how your faith perspective impacts the lens through which you would offer support to this couple or family?
- Assess how media, schools, churches, and other sources of influence impact how couples or families deal with this topic.
- Integrate what current research has to contribute to this issue.
Instructions and Details:
Your paper should demonstrate that you have done independent research and reading BEYOND the text and have thought carefully and/or organized your topic, and that you can express yourself in writing in a scholarly manner.
- Length: approximately 2,000 words
- Style: Use APA style, including a cover page and reference page. All sources must be documented in your reference page.
- Introductory Paragraph: setting forth a clear statement of your thesis.
- Conclusion: a concise statement that reaffirms your thesis.
- References: At least FIVE cited references to scholarly articles, including at least two available through the Northwest online Library.