Analysis of transactions and preparation of the income statement and balance sheet Zealock Bookstore opened a bookstore near a college campus on July 1, 2008. Transactions and events of Zealock Bookstore during 2008 follow. The firm uses the calendar year as its reporting period.
(1) July 1, 2008: Receives $25,000 from Quinn Zealock for 25,000 shares of the bookstore’s $1 par value common stack.
(2) July 1, 2008: Obtains a $30,000 loan from a local bank for working capital needs. The loan bean interest at 6% per year. The loan is repayable with interest on June 30, 2009
(3) July 1, 2008: Signs a rental agreement for three years at an annual rental of $20,000. Pays the first year’s rent in advance.
(4) July 1, 2008: Acquires bookshelves for $4.000 cash. The bookshelves have an estimated useful life of five years and zero salvage value.
(5) July 1, 2008: Acquires computers for $10,000 cash. The computers ha an estimated useful life of three ?~ears and $1.000 salvage value.
(6) July 1, 2008: Makes security deposits with various book distributors totaling $8,000. The deposits are refundable on June 30. 2009. If the bookstore pays on time all amounts due for books purchased from the distributors between July 1, 2008, and June 30, 2009.
(7) During 2008: Purchases books on account from various distributors costing $160,000.
(8) During 2008: Sells books costing $140,000 for $172,800. Of the total sales, $24,600 is for cash, and $148,200 is on account.
(9) During 2008: Returns unsold books and books ordered in error costing $14,600. The firm had not yet paid for these books.
(10) During 2008: Collects $142,400 from sales on account.
(11) During 2008: Pays employees compensation of $16,700.
(12) During 2008: Pays book distributors $139,800 of the amounts due for purchases on account.
(13) December 28, 2008: Receives advances from customers of $850 for special-order books that the bookstore will order and expects to receive during 2009.
(14) December 31, 2008: Records an appropriate amount of interest expense on the loan in (2) for 2008.
(15) December 31, 2008: Records an appropriate amount of rent expense for 2008.
(16) December 31, 2008: Records an appropriate amount of depreciation expense on the bookshelves in (4).
(17) December 31, 2008: Records an appropriate amount of depreciation expense on the computers in (5).
(18) December 31, 2008: Records an appropriate amount of income tax expense for 2008. The income tax rate is 40%. The taxes are payable on March 15, 2009.
a. Using T-accounts enter the 18 transactions and events above.
b. Prepare an income statement for the six months ending December 31, 2008.
c. Prepare a balance sheet on December 31, 2008.
Note: Problem 37 extends this problem to income transact ions for 2009.
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.