American history essay | History homework help
You will choose one of the below to write an essay, in a minimum of 2 pages, in which you will take a first-person perspective of the situation, describe the debate in your own words, and provide a justified and academically defended argument for one side or the other. The essay will need to reflect your understanding of the time to avoid being anachronistic, and your argument must relate to one of the viable outcomes from that time.
- As a multi-generational American citizen, in the wake of Pearl Harbor, do you support the internment of your Japanese neighbors?
- As an 18 year old, male high school senior, are you eager or fearful of going to war?
- As an 18 year old, female high school senior, are you eager or fearful of going into the wartime factories?
- Is the crisis in Europe something that the U.S. should join in; or should the U.S. remain isolated? (Use a perspective from no later than November 1941.)
- Is the possibility of ending the Depression reason enough to join the war?
Whichever first-person topic above you select, you must consider the influence of the below factors and conditions which are relevant to all the topics and provide historical detail relevant to your topics:
- perceptions or impacts of limitations on and advocacy for civil rights,
- influence by propaganda or stereotypes,
- impacts of international events or crises, and
- impacts of economic conditions.
As this is a point of view essay, a modern perspective will not accurately address what the question is asking for. To complete this assignment, a minimum two (2) reputable sources must be used