Administrative and Financial Sciences Assignments | Online Homework Help
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
|Course Name: Strategic Management||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT 401||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 1440/1441 H|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- Understand the basic concepts and terminology used in Strategic Management. (Lo 1.2)
- 2. Understand the Corporation Social Responsibility (Lo 1.4).
- 3. Understand issues related to strategic competitive advantage in organizations (Lo 2.2)
Assignment Questions: (5 Marks)
Question 1. (2 marks)
Discuss the relationship between the social responsibility of a corporation and its competitive advantage. Enrich your answer by examples. (Max 700 words).
(Your answers should include outside references (other than the slides and textbook) using a proper referencing style (APA). Using references from SDL will be highly valued.
Question 2. (3 marks)
To prepare for this assignment, review Figure 4.3 entitled ‘forces driving industry competition’ from your textbook (Figure 4.2- Ch4- Slide no 18) and the text relative to Porter’s Five Forces of Competition framework. Consider the role of the following key forces of suppliers, substitutes, buyers, and potential entrants.
Select a Middle Eastern company of your choosing and assess the power of each of five forces on that firm:
- How powerful are the buyers, suppliers, and substitutes? How formidable are the barriers to entry and how intense is the rivalry among existing firms? (2 marks)
- Which of the forces has the biggest impact on the firm? Why? (1 mark)