Accurate vs Inaccurate Eyewitness Testimony Assignment | Top Essay Writing
December 19th, 2019
- Read Chapter 15 in textbook.
- Read the following journal article: Initial eyewitness confidence reliably predicts eyewitness identification accuracy. (attached below)
- Watch the following video clips:
- Eyewitness Testimony Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-SBTRLoPuo
- Eyewitness Testimony Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtelV9lmzQc
- This assignment is an essay discussing eyewitness testimony. After you read the textbook, journal article, and watch the video clips – answer the following questions:
- Present the different aspects of what makes an accurate vs. inaccurate eyewitness testimony (e.g. witnesses who notice trivial details, discrediting, strong emotions, misinformation, retelling…)
- How much does confidence play a role in eyewitness testimony? Does confidence have an effect on accurate identification? What about overconfidence?
- Suggest 2 possible ways to reduce errors in eyewitness testimonies.
- Paper length should be approximately 2-3 pages in length (approximately 500- 750 words).
- Use APA style, including a cover page and reference page (not included in page length)
- Introductory paragraph, setting forth a clear statement of your assignment.
- Conclusion, a concise paragraph that reaffirms your assignment.
- Cite a minimum of 3 sources (APA). The textbook, article and video included above and outside sources may be used.
Get Philosophy homework help today