Accounting Assignment | Custom Assignment Help
You win the grand prize on a game show. You have the following choices:
- Option 1: $1-million dollars paid as a $25 000 annuity every year over 40 years.
- Option 2: The present value of option 1 if the current interest rate is 4%, compounded annually.
You accept Option 2, but invest your prize money in an annuity that will still pay you $25,000 every year. Your bank offers you 5% interest, compounded annually. Over 40 years how much more money would you have earned than if you accepted Option 1?
This assignment is worth 5 marks. Use the following information to guide your work:
- 1 mark for showing work to find present value
- 1 mark for the correct present value
- 1 mark for showing work to find the interest of the reinvestment
- 1 mark for finding the total amount of the reinvestment
- 1 mark for finding the correct difference