Accounting Assignment | Custom Assignment Help
Find out the Financial Statement of Apple vs Samsung of 2017 and 2018 under following Topics.
The following are the questions you should answer. You can find 2017 & 2018 Balance Sheet and Income Statement at finance.yahoo.com.
1. (Common-size Balance Sheet & Common-size Income Statement Analysis) (25 points)
1) With 2017 & 2018 balance sheet & Income statement for each company, create common -size balance sheets and common-size income statements.
2) Using 2018 common-size balance sheet and income statement, compare your company with the benchmark and describe how your company is similar to or different from the benchmark.
3) Using 2017 & 2018 common-size balance sheet and income statement of each company, do the time trend analysis and describe how each company changes over time.
2. (Financial Ratio Analysis) Using 2017 & 2018 Balance sheet & Income statement for each company, compute the following financial ratios for each company: (25 points)
- Current ratio
- Quick ratio
- Debt-to-equity ratio
- Times interest earned ratio (Interest coverage ratio)
- Inventory Turnover
- Receivable turnover
- Total asset turnover
- Profit margin
- Return on Asset (ROA)
- Return on Equity (ROE)
- Price-earnings ratio
- Market-to-book ratio
3. (Financial Ratio Analysis) Select the benchmark for peer group analysis. You’ll use two kinds of benchmarks in this assignment. One is your competitor’s ratios and the other is industry averages (you can find industry averages from finance.yahoo.com or www.reuters.com or investing.money.msn.com). Make sure that you cite the source of industry averages. (25 points)
1) Using the 2018 ratios from Question 2, compare your company’s ratios to both competitor’s and industry averages. Then describe how good or bad ratios of your company are considered.
2) Using 2017 & 2018 ratios for your company, compare your company’s 2017 ratios with 2018 ratios and describe the similarities and differences.
4. (DuPont Identity) (25 points)
1) Using the DuPont Identity equation, compare your company’s 2018 ROE with competitor’s 2018 ROE. Find out what makes difference in ROEs between your company and competitor. 2) Using the DuPont Identity equation, compare your company’s 2017 ROE with 2018 ROE. Find out what makes difference in ROE between two periods if there is any difference.