1. Specific identification method. Boston Galleries uses the specific identification method for inventory valuation. Inventory information for several oil paintings follows.
1/2 Beginning inventory
Woods and Moon were sold during the year for a total of $35,000. Determine the firm’s
a. cost of goods sold.
b. gross profit.
c. ending inventory.
2. Inventory valuation methods: basic computations. The January beginning inventory of the White Company consisted of 300 units costing $40 each. During the first quarter, the company purchased two batches of goods: 700 Units at $44 on February 21 and 800 units at $50 on March 28. Sales during the first quarter were 1,400 units at $75 per unit. The White Company uses a periodic inventory system. Using the White Company data, fill in the following chart to compare the results obtained under the FIFO, LIFO, and weighted-average inventory methods.
Goods available for sale
Ending inventory, March 31
Cost of goods sold
3. Perpetual inventory system: journal entries. At the beginning of 20X3, Beehler Company implemented a computerized perpetual inventory system. The first transactions that occurred during 20X3 follow:
· 1/2/20X3 Purchases on account: 500 units @ $6 = $3,000
· 1/15/20X3 Sales on account: 300 units @ $8.50 = $2,550
· 1/20/20X3 Purchases on Account: 200 units @ 5 = $1,000
· 1/25/20X3 Sales on Account: 300 units @ $8.50 = $2,550
The company president examined the computer-generated journal entries for these transactions and was confused by the absence of a Purchases account.
a. Duplicate the journal entries that would have appeared on the computer printout under FIFO & LIFO
b. Calculate the balance in the firm’s Inventory account under each method.
c. Briefly explain the absence of the Purchases account to the company president.
4. Inventory valuation methods: computations and concepts.
Wild Riders Surfboard Company began business on January 1 of the current year. Purchases of surfboards were as follows:
Wild Riders sold 400 boards at $250 per board on the dates listed below. The company uses a perpetual inventory system.
a. Calculate cost of goods sold, ending inventory, and gross profit under each of the following inventory valuation methods:
· First-in, first-out
· Last-in, first-out
· Weighted average
b. Which of the three methods would be chosen if management’s goal is to
(1) produce an up-to-date inventory valuation on the balance sheet?
(2) show the lowest net income for tax purposes?
5. Depreciation methods. Mike Davis Enterprises purchased a delivery van for $40,000 in January 20X7. The van was estimated to have a service life of 5 years and a residual value of $6,000. The company is planning to drive the van 20,000 miles annually. Compute depreciation expense for 20X8 by using each of the following methods:
a. Units-of-output, assuming 17,000 miles were driven during 20X8
6. Depreciation computations. Alpha Alpha Alpha, a college fraternity, purchased a new heavy-duty washing machine on January 1, 20X3. The machine, which cost $2,000, had an estimated residual value of $100 and an estimated service life of 4 years (1,800 washing cycles). Calculate the following:
a. The machine’s book value on December 31, 20X5, assuming use of the straight-line depreciation method
b. Depreciation expense for 20X4, assuming use of the units-of-output depreciation method. Actual washing cycles in 20X4 totaled 500.
c. Accumulated depreciation on December 31, 20X5, assuming use of the double-declining-balance depreciation method.
7. Depreciation computations: change in estimate. Aussie Imports purchased a specialized piece of machinery for $50,000 on January 1, 20X3. At the time of acquisition, the machine was estimated to have a service life of 5 years (25,000 operating hours) and a residual value of $5,000. During the 5 years of operations (20X3 – 20X7), the machine was used for 5,100, 4,800, 3,200, 6,000, and 5,900 hours, respectively.
a. Compute depreciation for 20X3 – 20X7 by using the following methods: straight line, units of output, and double-declining-balance.
b. On January 1, 20X5, management shortened the remaining service life of the machine to 15 months. Assuming use of the straight-line method, compute the company’s depreciation expense for 20X5.
c. Briefly describe what you would have done differently in part (a) if Aussie Imports had paid $47,800 for the machinery rather than $50,000 In addition, assume that the company incurred $800 of freight charges $1,400 for machine setup and testing, and $300 for insurance during the first year of use.
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.