A Lesson Plan Assignment | Buy Homework Help
As an educator, it is important to develop the skills to write lesson plans that include state standards, effective learning objectives, appropriate instructional strategies, and differentiate to meet the diverse needs of all students.
For this benchmark, you will create a lesson plan that integrates ELA and math standards, with an aligning summative assessment. You may use any prior assignments as applicable from this course to complete the benchmark, provided you incorporate feedback from your instructor. Use the “Class Profile” for background information on your students to plan the lesson plan and summative assessment. The lesson plan and summative assessment must be aligned to the chosen Grades K-8 state standards and learning objectives.
Part 1: Lesson Plan
Use the “COE Lesson Plan Template” for your lesson plan. The lesson must include a variety of instructional strategies that are best suited for the lesson and the needs of the students. Your lesson plan should focus on:
- Math and ELA state standards.
- Instructional strategies that can be adapted to meet the needs of diverse students.
- Technology that supports assessment practices.
- Formative assessment.
- Differentiation activity for students identified as below grade-level.
- A differentiated activity using critical thinking for students identified as above-grade-level
Part 2: Summative Assessment
In connection with this lesson plan, you will create a summative assessment that is directly aligned to state standards and highlights how you will use assessment to modify and strengthen instruction to promote the continuous intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development of students.
Your summative assessment must be aligned to the standards in the lesson plan and include:
- Description of a summative assessment, which includes specific directions for students.
- Three short-answer response items.
- 10 multiple-choice questions.
- One restricted response essay question that clearly identifies the task(s) to be performed.
- How you will differentiate to meet the diverse needs of students.
Part 3: Rationale
In 250-500 words, write a rationale for the instructional strategies and assessment practices, both formative and summative, included in your lesson plan and summative assessment. How do your chosen assessments contribute to the development of students? How does your summative assessment work to meet the various learning needs of the students in the “Class Profile”? Get Social Science help today