Organizational Behavior and Microeconomics 2 | Online Assignment Help
Assignment: Employee Behavior and Job Satisfaction
Good employee engagement is key to an efficient and effective organization. Understanding job attitudes and job satisfaction is imperative to creating an organization that is productive.
The following Course Outcome is assessed in this Assignment:
MT302-1: Describe the impact of individual behavior on business outcomes.
Read the fictional scenario and respond to the checklist items in a 2–3 page paper with an additional title and references page.
Scenario (fictional) : The following four employees have different attitudes towards their jobs and different levels of job satisfaction which impacts their behavior on the job at this beverage company. You are the HR Director who is becoming concerned regarding the behavior of some employees at work. Read the following background information on each of the four employees and address all the checklist items.
Employee #1: Marketing product manager: She experiences cognitive dissonance every time her boss tells her she should not worry about the lower end of the market as “those people don’t have much buying power” when the company’s values statement says that the company values the welfare of everyone everywhere. She is frequently late to work and her boss has given her a warning as result.
Employee #2: Chemist: He is in a highly visible job creating new products that creates a lot of stress and works 12-hour days. He is loyal but feels depressed by the constant work. He is starting to look at job openings online in his off-hours.
Employee #3: Loading dock manager: This representative works the 12am –7am shift. She does what is required but complains in the employee breakroom about the offices and work conditions when she is on break. The other employees tend to agree with her when she complains. Lately the Distribution Supervisor has noted employees’ reduced effort on the shift.
Employee #4: Quality control administrator: He is the sole Asian in the organization and feels isolated as though he is just a placeholder versus really making a recognized difference in the organization. The company promotes itself as a diverse organization, which he knows is not true. He feels as if everyone expects him to fail since not many people engage with him, including his boss, on any regular basis.
The four employees have different attitudes and levels of job satisfaction.
· Describe the attitudes and job satisfaction of each of the four employees.
· Categorize and explain the responses the employees have to dissatisfaction based on the Reading.
· Explain how the above attitudes and job satisfaction for each employee impacts the organization in terms of profit, employee turnover, and affecting other employee attitudes.
· Include at least 2 scholarly* citations with accompanying references regarding attitudes and job satisfaction and the impact on the organization that support your responses to the checklist item above.
· Explain what each of the managers of the four employees can do to change the employees’ attitudes for the better (referencing at least one of Mintzberg’s managerial roles to explain your response).
Submit your 2–3 page APA formatted and citation styled paper with additional title and reference pages to the Dropbox.
*Scholarly sources have been put through a peer-review by experts to ascertain that the content is original, proves any statements or claims with viable research, etc.
Select “Library” under the Academic Tools area. Then select “Limit to: Peer Reviewed” before doing your search on a topic.
Access the rubric
As you read in your text, organizations must consider diversity because the workforce has become increasingly diverse as have the customers.
Topic: Diversity and Job Satisfaction
Scenario (fictional): Silvan Container Works is a mid-sized organization that is also global. They sell most of their containers internationally although they are based in the U.S. The company’s containers are made with natural raw materials such as clay, stone, and natural woven fibers to create containers that are safe for a multitude of personal and industrial uses. They have a customer service department call center that is located in Germany where the customer service representatives (CSRs) are quadrilingual. The CSRs’ first language is German because management required they be native born German citizens with at least 15 years customer service experience when they were hired. The CSRs are a close knit group, and share stories with each other regarding their customers between their shifts and during their scheduled breaks in the employee break room. Their biggest complaint has been their lack of control over affecting results or problem resolution for their customers on the job.
Lately there have been excessive complaints logged into the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System to which all the managers have access. There are customer complaints that the CSRs misunderstand the customer’s concerns and that they demonstrate a lack of empathy.
· Discuss the potential problems and opportunities based on the limited information in the scenario and based on your Chapter 2 Reading concerning diversity.
Topic: Scarcity Solutions
Do some research on the country of Ethiopia and discuss:
a. Who in the Ethiopian society has the most difficult time dealing with scarcity?
b. What do they need most?
c. How can their society provide for their wants and needs?
d. Why are they so impoverished?
e. What can their governments do to help, or hinder their country’s development?
f. Could Ethiopia become a world-class producer and exporter of goods? How would Ethiopia compare with Japan? Japan is a country relatively POOR in natural resources, yet it is an economic world powerhouse. What are the differences between the two countries?
Assignment: Comparative and Absolute Advantage in International Trade
In this Assignment, you will be assessed on the following outcomes:
GEL-1.2: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
PC-4.1: Assess the value of multiculturalism and diversity in a global environment.
v.6.16.17 1 of 4
An effective understanding of economics forms the foundation of every manager’s, entrepreneur’s, bureaucrats, and leader’s ability to analyze business situations and to develop an appropriate response. The globalization of business is a fact of life for all business professionals. One of the most contentious issues in today’s global business world is the issue of closing local manufacturing facilities, laying off those American workers, and re-opening the same manufacturing facility in an Asian, or other third world country.
Look in your own closet at the clothes you have purchased. Pick any 10 items of clothing and look at the labels in those clothes. Where were they manufactured? How many of the 10 items were manufactured here in America? If that same exercise had been done 50 years ago, (approximately the 1970s), all the clothes you owned would have been manufactured in textile mills in the Southeastern United States (Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, etc.). All those Southeastern textile mills are now closed, and people buy foreign made clothes. If you were able to go further back in time to 150 years ago (1870s), the clothes you owned would have been manufactured in textile mills in the Northeast United States (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, etc.). Yet, by the early to mid-1950s, those Northeastern textile mills were closed and their workers were out of a job. The mills had all relocated to the Southeast during the years following the Civil War.
Many people say that we should ban the import of these foreign made clothes, so that more workers in American clothing textile mills could have jobs. Others say that we should continue to import clothing because imported clothing is relatively less expensive and more people can afford to buy more clothes at these low prices. Still others say that we should put an import tariff (an extra tax that would be paid when we buy these imported clothes), making the price of imported clothing comparable to the price of clothing made in the U.S., and, therefore, encouraging American consumers to buy American-made clothing.
Before answering the following questions, review the Assignment Checklist. Then, in a separate Word document, answer the following questions in a 3–4 page expository research paper:
1. Considering what you have learned about “comparative advantage” and relative “marginal opportunity costs,” discuss the advantages and disadvantages to all involved parties (American workers, American consumers, foreign workers, and foreign consumers) of continued importation and acceptance of foreign made goods into U.S. markets.
2. Compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of instituting an import tariff, or an outright ban on the importation of certain goods into U.S. markets.
3. Include in your research American trade agreements such as the NAFTA (North American Free Americas Agreement) and the proposed trade agreements of the FTAA (Free Trade Area of the Americas), TAFTA (Transatlantic Free Trade Area), and the Trans-Pacific Partnership. What are the main pros and cons argued in favor, and against these trade agreements? Why do you think each party feels the way they do about the issues?
4. In considering the foreign trade issue, discuss the benefits and challenges between Americans and the cultures of the citizens of the various trading partner countries with which these trade agreements are made. Discuss the importance of your ability to understand and accept cultural differences in a global context. What recommendations would you suggest to increase American understanding and acceptance of foreign cultures?
· Write your paper in a separate Word document.
· Unless specified differently by your course instructor, save your Assignment to your computer with the following file naming format: Course number_section number_Last_First_unit number
· Your title page should, at a minimum, contain the following information: Your Name, Course Number, Section Number, Date, and the Title of your paper
· Write a 3–4 page paper (in addition to the title and reference pages) following APA format with citations to any quoted, or paraphrased sources. Your written research should also be in Standard English with correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, and style (double spaced, in Times New Roman, 12–point, and in black font).
.Your paper should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
· Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
· A separate page at the end of your research paper should contain a list of a minimum of three cited and referenced academically credible references, in proper APA formatting.
· Cite and reference your academically credible sources from the Library and any other academically oriented online sources. Review the APA formats found in the Writing Center.
· Review the Rubric below to ensure all points have been captured in the paper.
Directions for submitting your Assignment
Be sure to respond to all the questions using the critical elements listed in the Assignment Checklist and submit your paper to the Unit 2 Assignment Dropbox by Tuesday, midnight ET of this unit.
|Unit 2 Assignment: Comparative and Absolute Advantage in International Trade|
|International Trade Content (30%)||Possible||Possible|
|Discuss how the concepts of Absolute Advantage and Comparative Advantage relate to international trade and discuss the attitudes both in favor of and against the U.S.’s continued encouragement of free trade.||12|
|Multiculturalism Content (20%)|
|Develop and discuss your recommendations for how to encourage Americans to have a more accepting attitude toward other cultures and how that acceptance will further economic conditions world-wide.||8|
|Analysis and critical thinking regarding the international trade||12|
|Grammar, spelling, and paragraph composition.||4|
|List all of your references according to APA format and in–text citations. Includes a minimum of three cited and referenced academically credible sources.|
|LATE Paper Deduction||0|
|Total Points Earned||40|
Criteria to be applied to the Multiculturalism Content (20%) of the paper:
|PC-4.1:||Assess the value of multiculturalism and diversity in a global environment.|
|Student work demonstrates no understanding or progress towards achievement of this outcome.|
|Student work demonstrates the ability to identify multiculturalism and diversity issues.|
|Student work demonstrates the ability to identify multiculturalism and diversity issues, and articulate them in a global context.|
3 or 4
|Student work demonstrates the ability to identify, articulate, and explain a multiculturalism and diversity issue in a global context.|
5 or 6
|Student work demonstrates the ability to analyze the benefits of multiculturalism and diversity in a global context.|
7 or 8
|Student work demonstrates the ability to analyze the benefits and challenges of multiculturalism and diversity in a global context and recommend solutions.|