5pg-workforce development paper | Human Resource Management homework help
1. For this assignment students need to identify a local employer with 50 to 500 employees (to reduce complexity). Consider the industry and potential employer you wish to work for when you graduate. The selection of an employer will help you narrow your search for information and be a crucial part of the Critical Reflection (#5 – 35% of grade).
2. Conduct research to identify and explain the educational attainment of the local labor market. What is the state of the current labor market? Keep in mind this is related to surpluses and shortages of qualified talent.
3. Visit/call a local Economic Development Corporation then describe their focus and impact. How does the EDC influence surpluses and shortages of qualified talent?
4. Attend a local Workforce Board Meeting/ or review their strategic plan and describe their focus and impact. How does the Workforce Board influence surpluses and shortages of qualified talent?
5. Conduct research investigating your local Workforce Solutions programs and describe their focus and impact. How do workforce programs influence surpluses and shortages of qualified talent?
6. Provide your (so what does it all mean?) explaining how these external forces impact the readiness of talent related to the various aspects managing human resource development (HRD) programs (situated in your selected organization and industry).