3wa | Education homework help
Identifying the correlation between learning objectives and educational goals is crucial in guiding students to take ownership of their learning. Educational goals are broader and long-term, whereas learning objectives are specific and short-term.
Fostering student ownership helps students to understand and set long-term educational goals to continuously monitor their own learning. This process allows students to participate in assessing their own progress and helps the teacher in adjusting learning outcomes.
Review the “Learning Plan Template” to complete this assignment.
Complete Part 3: Learning Objectives versus Educational Goals
Part 1: Learning Objectives versus Personal Educational Goals
Using the grade level, academic standard, and learning objectives from your Clinical Field Experience A observation, create a long-term individual educational goal.
Along with creating a long-term educational goal, develop one formative assessment and one summative assessment to check for understanding and complete “Part 2: Learning Objectives versus Educational Goals.”
Part 2: Reflection
In 250-500 words, research and reflect on the correlation between learning objectives and educational goals. Consider the following in your reflection:
- What is the significance of engaging students in achieving their educational goals?
- How can formative and summative assessments support the desired learning outcomes to achieve long-term goals and drive modifications in instruction to meet student needs?
- How do assessments help to develop appropriate differentiation based on students learning needs?
- Does the teacher have a personal responsibility to align instruction with goals?
- When setting educational goals, why is it important to consider input from students, colleagues, families, and the community?
- Research and provide an example of how technology can provide learning experiences and assessments that inform instruction and involve students in goal-setting, ownership of learning, and progress monitoring.
Support your findings with at least three scholarly resources.