Systematic Inventive Thinking
Using your company’s point of view, please answer the following questions in your teams: **the company is Colgate**
1. Does your company ‘speak’ Attributes or Values, or both?
– Find 4 advertisements (either print or commercial) for your company. Include a YouTube link if it’s a commercial, or upload an image if it’s a print advertisement.
– For each advertisement, write the message, and whether it is ‘speaking’ “Attributes” or “Values” or both. Explain the reasoning behind your answer.
2. Create an Attribute-Value Map
– Choose one of your company’s products/processes/services that you created in Project 1 (the product we created in project one is, a toothbrush that the bristle color changes when its time to change the toothbrush). Write down the Attributes of the product/service, and use them to create an Attribute Value Map.
– Make sure the map includes at least 4 attributes and goes up at least 4 values.
– Attach a copy of the map.
– Pick the message that you think is the most compelling that you would want to communicate to your customers. Explain.
**i have uploaded a file that will help with defining attributes and values**
Please think about the “thinking process” that occurred during Project 2, and answer the following questions:
1. Think of a message from your personal life you will have to communicate soon. How can you use Attribute Value Mapping to help you?
2. Which was easier for you to identify in the previous part of Project 2 – Attributes or Values? Why?