Issues in Educational Technology Integration
My instructional setting is in an 8th grade pre-algebra inclusion class. The students are between the ages of 13 and 14 and there are 27 students total. My school is a Title 1 school and a majority of my students come from low-income homes. 52% of my students are Hispanic, 11% are black, 33% are white, and 3% are Asian. 10 of my students speak English as a second language and 15 of them either have an IEP or are on a 504 plan. 58% of my students are male and 42% are female. 67% receive free or reduced lunches. This class is an inclusion class where most of my students have special education needs that are serviced through accommodations and modifications to instruction and a second inclusion specialist co-teaches in this class provide more one-on-one support.
Essay Requirements Include:
1. Describe appropriate protective measures for safeguarding electronic resources (e.g., internet access) for three different threat situations.
2. Describe safe practices and procedures in the use of instructional technology tools in different technology threat situations.
3. Discuss how to establish learner behavioral expectations to support effective teaching and learning within a technology environment.
4. Discuss two ethical reasons for maintaining confidentiality of official records or personal information in the current digital climate that are appropriate for your instructional setting.
5. Discuss two legal reasons for maintaining confidentiality of official records or personal information in the current digital climate that are appropriate for your instructional setting.
6. Briefly describe three technology resources available for learners with different categories of disabilities as defined by IDEA 2004 and appropriate for your specific instructional setting.
7. Briefly describe three different technology resources available for advanced learners and appropriate for your specific instructional setting.
8. Briefly describe three different technology resources available for bilingual learners and appropriate for your specific instructional setting.
Note: The resources described in parts 6, 7, and 8 should all be unique. Among these three prompts, there should be nine different resources described.
9. Describe the process of choosing technology resources that support learners with diverse backgrounds within your instructional setting.
10. Discuss why it is important to choose technology resources to support learners with diverse backgrounds.