Pocahontas and the Challenge of Jamestown Colony
**Please note that we have chosen: “Pocahontas and the challenge of Jamestown colony” for this paper. Please use and include previous sources from the annotated bibliography and outline
For the final Portfolio Project, option #1, write a paper about a person in a period of United States history from exploration to 1877 and explain a challenge the person faced, what that challenge was, and how the person did or did not overcome the challenge.
• Do not write a complete biography of a person’s life.
• Focus on a challenge faced by the person.
• Describe the historical, social, governmental, or personal circumstances of the challenge. • Explain how the person interacted with the challenge. o Did the person meet the challenge and succeed? o Did the challenge defeat the person?
o Explain the resolution of the challenge. Was it resolved? Did it continue?
o Does the challenge the person faced continue to challenge American society today? Explain how so or why the challenge no longer exists. This paper must include a discussion of the following topics:
• a thorough summary of the event including the incidents that took place and the key individuals involved;
• the importance of the event in the scheme of U.S. history; and • the impact of the event, person, or time in U.S. History.
• Use at least five sources, one primary source and a scholarly journal article.