Quality of Life affected by Childhood Cancer Survivors
This is a masters of social work research proposal with statistics in it. Please follow all instructions 1-11.
This have to be typed 3-4 pages double spaced, Times New Roman, title and subtitles throughout the proposal. Please do not put your name as the author of the word document, put my name (Erica Thomas)
Here are the following in-depth instructions that will help guide you through the paper:
Research question: The researcher wants to know how the quality of life is being affected by childhood cancer survivors.
iv- Childhood cancer survivors- interval
dv- Quality of life- interval (on and off treatment)
sample- 75 adolescent survivors
The dv is using Quality of Life Children with Scale (QOLCC) to measure QOL in children on and off treatment. The questionnaire is ranged from 1-5.
The iv is using the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study -Neurocognitive Questionnaire (CCSS-NCQ) to measure impairment in long-term survivors of childhood cancer. This questionnaire ranges from 1-5.
In depth instructions:
1. Context of the topic- 1 paragraph
2. Two variables that are measurable with the research question
3. Clear statement
4. Levels of measurement for the….., explain why this is an appropriate level of measurement by operationalizing your variable (determine)
5. How normally distributed is the variables/ test for skewness-histogram, q-q plot, fisher coefficient, needs to be between -1.96 to (1.96), how much of the score is centered around the mean
6. Two hypothesis/ null-no relationship, alternative- is a relationship; tells what direction it is going to go
One tail-direction, two-tail-non direction
7. Characteristics of the design
8. Purpose of the quantitative research- explain the relationship between variables
9. Include target population, actual sample, quantitative data would have to be 30 or more to have a generalized study, method of sampling (choose one that is convenient to the study)
10. Do you plan to use surveys? Use scales that are already used, discuss validity and reliability- psychometric properties
11. Name what test you want to use based on your variables and why it is appropriate based on your variables
Ex: the purpose of the independent t-test if there is a difference between two groups with regards to a dependent variable
Ex: the purpose of the dependent t-test if there is a difference between mean scores in related topics
Ex: the purpose of the chi-square if there is an association between nominal variables