Criminal Law and Civil Law
Bohm, R. M., & Walker, J. T. (Eds.). (2005). Demystifying crime and criminal justice. Roxbury Publishing Company.
Romero, M. (2017). PROFIT-DRIVEN PROSECUTION AND THE COMPETITIVE BIDDING PROCESS. Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology, 107(2), 161-212.
Farbiarz, M. (2016). ACCURACY AND ADJUDICATION: THE PROMISE OF EXTRATERRITORIAL DUE PROCESS. Columbia Law Review, 116(3), 625-686.
Please find TWO more appropriate sources from: The other references must be peer-reviewed journal articles that come from the college’s library (online or on campus) or websites that ends in .gov. For instance, fbi.gov, bjs.gov
**Following are instructions for this research paper**
Write a 1000 minimum word count (1000 words for the body of the document, not including the title page, abstract, or reference page) paper comparing and contrasting criminal law and civil law. Include in this paper:
• Definition of both types of law
• Purpose of both types of law
• Whom the case is filed by
• The standard of proof for each type
• Who the decision is rendered by (judge, jury)
• Who has the burden of proof
• The type of punishment rendered
• Examples of types of cases for each (theft, child custody, etc)
Submit as a Microsoft Word document.