QUANTITATIVE Education Article Critique and Related to ANOVA Testing
To prepare: Review the resources and media programs related to ANOVA testing.
Search for and select ONE QUANTITATIVE article specific to your EDUCATION OR EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION and related to ANOVA testing.
For this assignment:
Write a 3- to 5-paragraphs critique of the article. In your critique, include responses to the following: Please itemize each point so that you show that you have addressed each point.
1. Which is the research design used by the authors?
2. Why did the authors use the ANOVA test?
3. Do you think it’s the most appropriate choice? Why or why not?
4. Did the authors display the data?
5. Do the results stand alone? Why or why not?
6. Did the authors report effect size? If yes, is this meaningful?
7. Be sure to support PAPER with reference to resources and other scholarly evidence no more than 5 years in APA Style.
https://istats.shinyapps.io/ANOVA/ Klingenberg, B. (2016). ANOVA: Analysis of variance. Retrieved from https://istats.shinyapps.io/ANOVA/ Use the following app/weblink to enter your own data and obtain an interactive visual display.
Laureate Education (Producer). (2016h). One-way ANOVA demonstration [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Transcript: ATTACHED In this media program, Dr. Matt Jones demonstrates one-way ANOVA using the SPSS software.
Video on Partial Eta squared for ANOVA to show effect size versus Cohen’s d
Cohen’s d .8 or greater = large
0.5-0.8 is medium
0.2 to 0.5 is small
Eta squared values Large = 0.14 or 14%
Medium = 0.06 or 6% Small = 1 % to 6% Cohen’s d for t-test