Intel Industry Analysis
The purpose of the Industry Analysis is to paint a picture of the entire industry environment in which Intel must compete and operate. What are the trends within the industry that will impact your company, what are the factors driving change in the industry that impacts your company, what does the industry offer for growth and profitability? Who are the competitors, and what are the overall strengths and weaknesses of industry? Although the outcome of this paper will affect Intel, the paper is about the industry, not the company. Therefore your research and response should be on the industry as a whole with the objective of using that information in the future to contribute to the development of effective strategies for those who are and will be engaged in that industry.
State the purpose of the paper, keep in mind the focus is on painting the big picture, analyzing the financial health of the industry, and recognizing the trends that will drive the industry forward. Introduce the reader to the overall picture of what the industry is and does, include the SIC and NAICS codes. The industry of Intel’s SIC code is 7371 (Computer Programming Services) and NAICS code is 541511 (Custom Computer Programming Services).
(2) Industry’s Dominant Economic Characteristics
Give a brief description of the central and most influential characteristics of the industry with a focus on economic factors. Some examples are:
• Number of competitors in the industry, total industry revenue, determine the major players and what percentage they represent of the total revenue.
• Select the most significant financial ratios in the industry; develop a chart showing those industry ratios in terms of industry average, and two major players vs. each other and the industry.
• What has been the past 3-5 year growth rate, possibly in number of customers and/or new facilities?
• What has been the past 3-5 year growth rate in revenue?
• What are the most significant expenses, comment on the current and future effect on the industry.
• Describe the entry and exit barriers for the industry.
Note: When addressing the ratios, create a chart, focus on profitability, liquidity, and efficiency ratios, then follow up with a paragraph or two defining the ratios and the impact of each.
(3) Reference Page- APA format is required
This is part of a larger project, so if the work is done well another order will be made.