I need the article read, the checklist follows, and the discussion question answers?
The article: Alqahtani, A. (2014). Awareness of the potential threat of cyberterrorism to national security. Journal of Information Security, 5(4), 137-146. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/jis.2014.54013
Checklist: Research Questions and Hypotheses Checklist
Use the following criteria to evaluate an author’s research questions and/or hypotheses. Look for indications of the following: • Is the research question(s) a logical extension of the purpose of the study?
• Does the research question(s) reflect the best question to address the problem?
• Does the research question(s) align with the design of the study?
• Does the research question(s) align with the method identified for collecting data? If the study is qualitative, does the research question(s) do as follows?
• Relate the central question to the qualitative approach
• Begin with What or How (not Why)
• Focus on a single phenomenon • Use exploratory verbs • Use nondirectional language
• Use an open-ended format • Specify the participants and research site If the study is quantitative:
• Do the descriptive questions seek to describe responses to major variables?
• Do the inferential questions seek to compare groups or relate variables?
• Do the inferential questions follow from a theory?
• Are the variables positioned consistently from independent/predictor to dependent/outcome in the inferential questions?
• Is a null and/or alternative hypothesis provided as a predictive statement? Research Theory, Design, and Methods
• Is the hypothesis consistent with its respective research question?
• Does the question(s) and/or hypothesis specify the participants and research site? If the study is mixed methods, do the research questions and/or hypotheses do the following?
• Include the characteristics of a good qualitative research question (as listed above)
• Include the characteristics of good quantitative research and/or hypothesis (as listed above) • Indicate how the researcher will mix or integrate the two approaches of the study
• Specify the participants and research site
• Convey the overall intent of the study that calls for a mixed-methods approach to
Evaluate the research questions and hypotheses.
The Research Questions and Hypotheses Checklist serves as a guide for your evaluation. Please do not respond to the checklist in a Yes/No format in writing your Discussion post.
discussion question: Identify the type of qualitative research approach used and explain how the researchers implemented the design. Analyze alignment among the theoretical or conceptual framework, problem, purpose, research questions, and design. Be sure to support your Main Issue Post and Response Post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA Style.