American Foreign Policy Essay
You will write 2 essays on separate topics and submit them as 1 assignment. For each essay, you will write a 2.5 pages research-based paper in the current APA format. Each essay must include 5–7 references in addition to the course textbook and the Bible. I attached detailed instruction and reading material relevant to the assignment, so please kindly check.
• What is the basic problem with making religion a relevant factor in USFP? For example, why do you think religious freedom agendas are not a top USFP priority? Or, differently, why does America cultivate close strategic relationships with nations like Saudi Arabia that foster an extremely intolerant form of Islamic belief and practice?
• What seem to be the main obstacles to making religious values (Christian or other) of foreign nations the basis for the conduct of USFP? In other words, why can American Christians not simply demand that their government coerce foreign powers to accept its version of religious freedom as a condition of any alliance?
Essay #2 Read Huntington’s article, “Clash of Civilizations,” and watch the presentation “Clash of Civilizations.”
• In no more than 1 paragraph, summarize Huntington’s argument.
• In another 1–2 paragraphs, defend Huntington’s argument’s plausibility or rational defensibility. Why does he believe that the organization of conflict will increasingly follow cultural-religious divisions?
• In the remainder of the essay, critique the article. What are its shortcomings, weaknesses, gaps, or faulty assumptions? Hint: Think about key US allies around the world. Are they exactly like America ethnically, culturally, and religiously?