The Global Competitive Index
*I have attached a word file that has more detail. READ THE WORD FILE BEFORE YOU START!
* **Using the Global Competitive Index Report (“GCI”) accessible by the PDF file that I attached**
Please do the following:
Individual country reports are presented in the back of the Global Competitive Index Report. Go there and find the Country Report for your home country.
This will be your “Home” country for the assignment. The country you chose as a Home country is most likely part of at least one economically integrated group. For example, the United States is part of the new NAFTA (USMCA).
Please do the following: Assume you are Golfco based in your chosen home, regionally integrated, country. (This is the selection you made immediately above.)
• You currently sell
i) Common golf products: golf balls, gloves, golf clubs, hats, shoes, etc.; and
ii) Proprietary products: a set of eyeglasses capable of projecting a visible 3D image of the surface contour of the putting green in the lenses of the glasses when worn.
• You own
iii) the U.S. patent rights to proprietary technology in the nature of ground surface mapping software and the hardware components to visualize the contour of a putting green in 3-dimensions. Here are the Patents: Your operation consists of the following Value Chain segments: Engineering-Product Design-Manufacturing/Assembly Marketing/Advertising-Finance/Sales/Service
– Task 1 – Record and Present:
(1) Your home country AND name the economically integrated group membership,
(2) all of the numerical metric choices you made, and (3) the reported rank for each of your choices according to the report.
Task 2: Select any other country as a Host country (i.e., not the country you used for
Task 1 above) that you feel would present a market opportunity for this golf technology. Find the corresponding country report for your chosen Host country from the GCI and select the same Index Component choices you chose for your home country.
– Task 2 – Record and Present: (4) Your chosen Host country AND name the economically integrated group membership to which it belongs, (5) the Index Component choices for this second country to match the choices you made for
Task 1, and (6) report the rank for each of your choices.
– Task 3 – Present Comparing your results from
Tasks 1 & 2: (7) Provide comments on why you chose the Index Components you chose. Discuss the relative advantages or disadvantages of your home-to-host move as they relate to your:
(8) Common products, (9) Proprietary products, and (10) patents.
**You are encouraged to present your answers in a table format if possible. **