Effects of Ethical Decision Making on Human Behavior
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2017) “defines [health] ‘policy’ as a law, regulation, procedure, administrative action, incentive, or voluntary practice of governments and other institutions. The health of our nation is influenced by public health policies—examples include tobacco control policies and school nutrition policies for healthier meals in schools.”
Write a minimum 500-word expository essay that addresses the following questions:
– Briefly explain who creates health policy and its purpose in improving population health.
– Why is it important to use ethical decision making when developing health policy?
– Provide an example of how ‘health policy’ is used in your community. Is there research that suggests it has assisted in improving population health? Why or why not?
– The paper should be at least 500 words in length.
– There should be a minimum of three credible references used, including the source for your chosen organization, which should be presented in APA format.