Functions of the IT Department
Below are functions that the IT department executes
1. Operating and Maintaining Servers
2. Loading Software on Servers
3. Setting Permissions for Software on Servers
4. Buying and configuring new Servers and storage]
5. Configuring a Continuity of Operations Site with replication from the main servers.
6. Writing home grown software
7. Configuring Firewalls to protect software on servers
For each of the above, provide a short opinion on what whether the function remains or goes away when you move to the “cloud”.
Then assess for yourself how big the benefit is to the organization for moving to cloud – what might be important factors?