Jackson Primary Source Analysis
For this assignment choose one of the assigned primary sources from Hollitz, Ch 9 on Andrew Jackson. Then complete a PSA (Primary Source Analysis) for that source. To complete a Primary Source Analysis, answer each of the following questions for the source Note there is an additional question requiring a deeper level of analysis on this PSA:
1. Who wrote or created the document?
2. Who is the intended audience?
3. When was the document created? What was going on during this period (historical context)?
4. Summarize in one clear sentence the main idea of the document.
5. Give specific examples from the document that supports your answer for the question
4. 6. What is the purpose of this document? What details lead you to this conclusion?
7. Is there a bias?
8. What is the historical significance of this document? How does it relate or connect to issues we deal with in today’s society?
9. Analytical Question: Using a minimum of four of the Primary Sources, briefly discuss how the primary evidence supports (or refutes) what John Meacham writes about Andrew Jackson in the Secondary Source.