Cyber Crime Fundamentals
Complete Part A or Part B (1000 words)
- Search the internet for the series of ISO standards relating to digital forensics and list each of the standards you think applies
- Search the internet for the current UK Forensic Science Regulator’s Codes of Practice and Conduct (Forensic Science Regulator, 2011). Read Section 21 and say why a digital forensic scientist might have difficulty complying with this item
- Using the evidences shown in the figure below write a short report discussing how you going to complete your investigation using the three digital forensic process. Include suitable screenshots. Your report should include at least 3 of the evidences from the figure below.
Include suitable screenshots and references in the report. Please annotate the screenshots
- Produce conclusion and reflection of the tasks completed above.
- You tasks would be assessed for similarity index (maximum 30%), spelling and grammar, structure and consistent format (font size and type).
- Physical Security
You are the Security Manager for a medium-sized bank. You have been asked to design a security solution to keep intruders out of the bank after hours. The three areas of the bank you need to secure are the parking lot, the building perimeter, and the vault. List what technologies you would use in each of these areas
- Social Engineering
You work for the Contoso Corporation. Your manager wants you to put together a training class about end-user security. To begin, use the Internet to research three cases or instances in which individuals used social engineering to break into a system, and list how they attempted to get access.
You are the IT administrator for the Contoso Corporation. Your CIO wants you to investigate the possible use of biometrics for security purposes. The CIO understands what biometrics is and how this technology can be used, but he does not understand the potential disadvantages of using biometrics. What should you tell him?
- Changing Passwords
Imagine that you work for the Contoso Corporation. Your CIO tells you that he just got a message on his computer saying that he has to change his password. He wants to know why he must not only use such a relatively long password, but also why he must change that password on a regular basis. What should you tell him?
You work for the ABC Corporation. You need to tell a user how to open the Windows Firewall console on a computer running Windows 7 and create a Windows Firewall inbound rule that allows Internet Explorer to communicate over ports 80 and 443. What steps must this user follow?
- a) Include suitable screenshots and references in the report. Please annotate the screenshots
- b) Produce conclusion and reflection of the tasks completed above.
- c) You tasks would be assessed for similarity index (maximum 30%), spelling and grammar, structure and consistent format (font size and type).