An Integrated Information System
In this assignment, you will use one (1) industry example to explain why the company of your choice needs an integrated information system, such as an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. You should use a company such as Southwest Airlines, Wal-Mart, Lockheed Martin, or another company of your choice to complete this assignment.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Provide a brief background of the company and its likely ERP operations.
- Determine the master data of the chosen company.
- Identify the key functional areas and key business processes of the chosen company.
- Explain how the functional areas interact with each other and what the major process inputs, transformations, and outputs are from those functional areas.
- Create diagrams or tables to show the differences and similarities of the functional areas identified in Question 2 and 3 of this assignment through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Determine the benefits of having an integrated information system for the chosen company.
- Speculate the foreseen technical issues of having an integrated information system for the company and provide strategies to mitigate those issues.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.