Assessment Task Instruction
|Assessment title:||Group Report|
|Module Name:||The Business Environment|
|Assessment will be set in:||Cycle 2; Week 3.|
|Assessment is due in:||Cycle 4; Week 3.|
Assessment Task Instructions:
A. A group report (around 3000 words)
B. A personal reflection (around 500 words)
As part of your group project, you are required to produce a group report. The report is an extension of your proposed business idea. The group report requires your group to conduct a business environment analysis for your proposed business idea (which was submitted in your project proposal and presented as part of your group presentation. The report will require you conduct an analysis of; (a) the business’ micro-environment using the PORTER’S FIVE FORCES framework, and (b) the macro-environment using PEST analysis framework. The report is expected to consist of the following outline structure:
Table of Contents
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: Description of the business idea.
Section 3: Analysis of the business micro-environment.
Section 3.1: Analysis of Competitive Rivalry
Section 3.2: Analysis of Bargaining Power of Suppliers
Section 3.3: Analysis of Bargaining Power of Buyers
Section 3.4: Analysis of Analysis of Threats of Entry
Section 3.5: Analysis of Threats of Substitute Products
Section 4: Analysis of the Macro environment.
Section 4.1: Analysis of the Political Environment
Section 4.2: Analysis of the Economic Environment
Section 4.3: Analysis of the Social Environment
Section 4.4: Analysis of the Technological Environment.
Section 5: Report Conclusion
Your personal reflection, should specify – in detail – exactly which parts of the report you wrote (or and collaborated on). This is important as it will help to determine your individual mark for the assessment. In this reflective writing, you are required to compile some of the thinking that you have been through while carrying out writing your sections of the report. Through this reflection, you should be able to make sense of what you did in terms of the research made and the report writing and why you did it, as well as how and what could you do better next time.
The responsible group member’s name should be given in brackets alongside the section or subsection heading. Please note that any section or subsection not assigned to a group member will not be assessed what will have the impact on the final mark for all.
|Theory and/or task resources required for the assessment:
§ Exploring small businesses and entrepreneurship; market structure and international markets.
§ Market Theory – basic supply and demand analysis and the determination of price
§ Explore the basics of political, legal, social and technological environments and their relationship with business organisations.
§ Strategic planning – what is strategic planning and how does it fit into business development
§ How to use case studies of local, national and global businesses to support business planning.
§ Running a business- operating in the business environment and the influences of cultural differences, legal issues and funding.
§ Running a business – human resource management, identifying required skills in a business, employing and working with people.
|Assessment reference style:
· You should refer 10 relevant sources for your report.
· Minimum 4 sources should be printed texts.
· Please refer to your module handbook for a list of useful resources.
· You must include a Harvard style reference list at the end of your report.
· A full bibliography is required.
|Expected word count:
You are expected to write between around 3000 words (+/- 10%) and a further 500 words (+/- 10%), following the specific structure outlined above. The expected word count does not include the cover page, the executive summary, the table of contents and references. The approximate distribution of the word count is as follows.
Section 1: 250 words
Section 2: 500 words
Section 3: 1000 words
Section 4: 1000 words
Section 5: 250 words
Personal reflection: 500 words
|The following learning outcomes are assessed in this task:
1. Evaluate the key features of the business environment and assess their potential impacts on business activities
2. Demonstrate the use of business analytical tools by assessing examples of internal and external business environments.
3. Demonstrate economic, business and management issues in relation to planning, decision-making and development of a business.
4. Discuss the application, and transfer, of a wide range of business/management skills to a specific business/management situation.
5. Recognise the challenges of organisation and management in small businesses, European organisations and global businesses.
6. Demonstrate an awareness of ethical constraints and cultural differences within both organisations and the business environment as a whole.
7. Reflect on different market structures and their impact on the decisions made by individual firms in terms of price determination and the effect on consumers.
8. Reflect on business experience, decision-making, personal development and overall learning gained during the module.
|· The concept of the business environment introduced and its impact on business performance, strategy and sustainability made clear
· Clear and effective use of PORTER FIVE FORCES and the elements to analyse the micro-environment
· Clear and effective use of the PEST frameworks and the elements to analyse the broader macro-environment
· Influences from theory and impacts and consequences from decisions identified throughout, demonstrating how decisions and reasoning are grounded in knowledge and understanding.
· Valid opportunities and strengths identified as well as challenges and limitations
· Real-world examples and references are used to consolidate points throughout
· Reflection on personal contribution clearly highlights and details what the candidate has done and is pleased with. This is a sufficient contribution and matches well with other IRs in the group.
· Reflection of personal contribution highlights and details areas of limited success which match with the overall report.
· Report is presented in an organised manner and is coherent; expression and tone are appropriately academic for the most part
· In-text citations and references are accurate and formatted correctly
We aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise on the quality of our assignment services and strive to maintain the highest standards of work for all our clients. Our writers craft each paper carefully to match the requirements on the instructions form while at the same time being surgical and objective while handling client work.
We receive many applications from writers around the world daily. Nevertheless, we only choose the cream of the crop to tackle your “help with homework” requests. Hence, our homework helpers are highly-qualified individuals who adhere to our quality policy.
We maintain a fair pricing policy for all our homework help services. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the requirements of each paper. Hence regardless of the complexity or duration of a paper, our system determines the most accurate and pocket-friendly price for all our clients.
At MyHomeworkWriters, we guarantee all students swift delivery of their assignments. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. We, therefore, ensure that all assignments are delivered on or before the agreed deadline. This leaves room for editing to incase the client wants changes done to the work delivered by our writers.
We maintain a zero-plagiarism policy in all our papers. Our writers stick to the instructions to deliver plagiarism-free work. Other than that, they extensively research the work they are handling and are keen to avoid any chance of similarities with previously written papers. Our editors check every completed work to ascertain it’s at the set standards.
Our main objective is to assist you through every step of your academic journey. Thus, we completely understand that you might run into trouble once in a while when interacting with our system. If you do run into trouble, please get in touch with our support agents and they will immediately provide you with assistance. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or email us.
Follow these simple steps to get your homework done
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
You will be able to track the progress of your paper from our system.
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Myhomeworkwriters holds a reputation for providing high-quality assignment writing services. You only need to give us all the requirements for your “do my homework” order, and our writers will give you the best results.
Our team is skilled and equipped in searching for information required to complete work handed over to them. Regardless of the complexity of the work, we are determined to get the job done. Extensive research when handling client requests makes it possible for us to be able to stick to the boundaries and guidelines set by the clients. Thus enabling us to keep the work original and plagiarism free.
We have highly qualified writers to assist you whenever you place in "help with my homework" order. Our essay writing service is designed to not only help students get good grades but also excel in their studies. Our writers are highly experienced and educated specialists and professionals who want to do more than creating a difference in the academic field.
Our editors have a keen eye when going through work. They can capture even the smallest of errors. This has been made possible by the fact that we have been in the academic field for more than 5 years now. Thus, they bring with them previous experience when going through work to be able to capture everything. These unique skills make it possible for us to deliver error-free work to our clients.
Our team has very experienced specialists and professionals. This gives us a competitive edge over our competitors. Whenever we receive work that needs to be redone, everyone gets involved. That’s inclusive of our editors. This collective involvement in doing work makes it possible for us to deliver high-quality work to all our clients. Other than that it makes it possible for us to adhere to our originality and plagiarism-free policies.