Assessment Task Instruction
|Assessment title:||Group Report|
|Module Name:||The Business Environment|
|Assessment will be set in:||Cycle 2; Week 3.|
|Assessment is due in:||Cycle 4; Week 3.|
Assessment Task Instructions:
A. A group report (around 3000 words)
B. A personal reflection (around 500 words)
As part of your group project, you are required to produce a group report. The report is an extension of your proposed business idea. The group report requires your group to conduct a business environment analysis for your proposed business idea (which was submitted in your project proposal and presented as part of your group presentation. The report will require you conduct an analysis of; (a) the business’ micro-environment using the PORTER’S FIVE FORCES framework, and (b) the macro-environment using PEST analysis framework. The report is expected to consist of the following outline structure:
Table of Contents
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: Description of the business idea.
Section 3: Analysis of the business micro-environment.
Section 3.1: Analysis of Competitive Rivalry
Section 3.2: Analysis of Bargaining Power of Suppliers
Section 3.3: Analysis of Bargaining Power of Buyers
Section 3.4: Analysis of Analysis of Threats of Entry
Section 3.5: Analysis of Threats of Substitute Products
Section 4: Analysis of the Macro environment.
Section 4.1: Analysis of the Political Environment
Section 4.2: Analysis of the Economic Environment
Section 4.3: Analysis of the Social Environment
Section 4.4: Analysis of the Technological Environment.
Section 5: Report Conclusion
Your personal reflection, should specify – in detail – exactly which parts of the report you wrote (or and collaborated on). This is important as it will help to determine your individual mark for the assessment. In this reflective writing, you are required to compile some of the thinking that you have been through while carrying out writing your sections of the report. Through this reflection, you should be able to make sense of what you did in terms of the research made and the report writing and why you did it, as well as how and what could you do better next time.
The responsible group member’s name should be given in brackets alongside the section or subsection heading. Please note that any section or subsection not assigned to a group member will not be assessed what will have the impact on the final mark for all.
|Theory and/or task resources required for the assessment:
§ Exploring small businesses and entrepreneurship; market structure and international markets.
§ Market Theory – basic supply and demand analysis and the determination of price
§ Explore the basics of political, legal, social and technological environments and their relationship with business organisations.
§ Strategic planning – what is strategic planning and how does it fit into business development
§ How to use case studies of local, national and global businesses to support business planning.
§ Running a business- operating in the business environment and the influences of cultural differences, legal issues and funding.
§ Running a business – human resource management, identifying required skills in a business, employing and working with people.
|Assessment reference style:
· You should refer 10 relevant sources for your report.
· Minimum 4 sources should be printed texts.
· Please refer to your module handbook for a list of useful resources.
· You must include a Harvard style reference list at the end of your report.
· A full bibliography is required.
|Expected word count:
You are expected to write between around 3000 words (+/- 10%) and a further 500 words (+/- 10%), following the specific structure outlined above. The expected word count does not include the cover page, the executive summary, the table of contents and references. The approximate distribution of the word count is as follows.
Section 1: 250 words
Section 2: 500 words
Section 3: 1000 words
Section 4: 1000 words
Section 5: 250 words
Personal reflection: 500 words
|The following learning outcomes are assessed in this task:
1. Evaluate the key features of the business environment and assess their potential impacts on business activities
2. Demonstrate the use of business analytical tools by assessing examples of internal and external business environments.
3. Demonstrate economic, business and management issues in relation to planning, decision-making and development of a business.
4. Discuss the application, and transfer, of a wide range of business/management skills to a specific business/management situation.
5. Recognise the challenges of organisation and management in small businesses, European organisations and global businesses.
6. Demonstrate an awareness of ethical constraints and cultural differences within both organisations and the business environment as a whole.
7. Reflect on different market structures and their impact on the decisions made by individual firms in terms of price determination and the effect on consumers.
8. Reflect on business experience, decision-making, personal development and overall learning gained during the module.
|· The concept of the business environment introduced and its impact on business performance, strategy and sustainability made clear
· Clear and effective use of PORTER FIVE FORCES and the elements to analyse the micro-environment
· Clear and effective use of the PEST frameworks and the elements to analyse the broader macro-environment
· Influences from theory and impacts and consequences from decisions identified throughout, demonstrating how decisions and reasoning are grounded in knowledge and understanding.
· Valid opportunities and strengths identified as well as challenges and limitations
· Real-world examples and references are used to consolidate points throughout
· Reflection on personal contribution clearly highlights and details what the candidate has done and is pleased with. This is a sufficient contribution and matches well with other IRs in the group.
· Reflection of personal contribution highlights and details areas of limited success which match with the overall report.
· Report is presented in an organised manner and is coherent; expression and tone are appropriately academic for the most part
· In-text citations and references are accurate and formatted correctly
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.