Analysis of Mt. St. Helen Eruption of 1980
Analyze the Mt. St. Helen eruption of 1980
1. Critically analyze communication methods and the disciplines of emergency management of the time.
2. Analyze the public’s reactions and response to the preparation and response. Was
there any mitigative measures implemented at that time?
3. Analyze local officials’ reactions and response to the warnings.
4. Analyze the response to the disaster.
5. After the analysis of the disaster research and communicate what went right and what needed improvement.
7. Finally, compose an adequate emergency management plan, utilizing communication methods and the disciplines of emergency management if or when the mountain erupts again.