Creating an Objective Policy Brief
Determine what policy you may want to be involved in changing by creating an objective policy brief. A policy brief is a concise summary of a particular issue, the policy options to deal with it, and some recommendations on the best option. This assignment will be two parts.
Write a policy brief regarding an issue relevant to health policy of 700-900 words. Include the following:
- Executive summary
- Approaches and results
- Implications and recommendations
- Graphics and tables may be included as appropriate
- Locate the contact information for a state, local, or federal official for your area.
- Locate information regarding the official’s stance on the issue you discuss in your policy brief.
- Send the official a letter or e-mail that explains your position and offers suggestions on how the official should move forward with the agenda from your policy brief. Include the brief as an attachment.