For this 800-1000 word essay (not including the Works Cited), you will analyze one character in Ron Rash’s novel Above the Waterfall. Choose a main character or a minor character, and discuss this character’s development over the course of the novel. Avoid summarizing the novel–this is not a book report. Some examples of what you could cover in a character analysis are:
What function does this character serve in the novel, and why is that significant? (For example, is the character a catalyst, antagonist, protagonist, or foil?)
How does the character change over the course of the novel and why?
What does this character show about the human psyche?
What does this character reveal about society?
What does this character reveal about social roles? Does this character fit into a specific role or does this character show that we don’t or shouldn’t fit into socially prescribed roles?
What does this character reveal about a particular allusion, symbol, or theme in the novel?
***Don’t attempt to answer all of these questions in such a short essay–these are examples of the kinds of questions you may choose to focus your analysis.
Your goal is to write a well-organized, well-developed, correctly cited, grammatically and mechanically acceptable essay. Include an introduction with an audience attention-getter and a thesis statement. Write well-developed body paragraphs with ample evidence (details and quotations) cited from the novel and supporting evidence cited from a reputable journal article about the novel or about a topic related to the novel (such as the Appalachian Region in NC, methamphetamine addiction, environmental preservation, etc.). Transition smoothly between paragraphs and ideas. Write a conclusion that draws the analysis to a strong close, rather than merely restatign the thesis or content of the earlier paragraphs.
Websites are not allowed as sources.
1. Use MLA format, as required for the course (see the details provided within the “Getting Started/Course Info.” folder).
2. Title your essay creatively–do not give your essay the same title as the novel or character you are analyzing.
3. Use literary present tense (refer to events in the novel in present tense rather than past tense).
4. Write in third person since this is a formal essay. Use “the reader” or “readers,” not “I,” “me,” “my,” “you,” “your,” or “yourself,” as in this example: “The reader notices Ron Rash’s use of allusion in Part One when….”
5. The first time you refer to the author in a sentence, use his full name: Ron Rash. After that, only use his last name in sentences: Rash. Do not refer to authors by first name.
6. Italicize the novel’s title, Above the Waterfall. Treat all other source titles appropriately, with either quotation marks or italics, according to the type of source.
7. To support your analysis in every body paragraph, use quotations cited from the novel and quotations or paraphrases cited from a library database article.
8. Use MLA-style parenthetical in-text citations for all quotations and paraphrases.
9. Integrate quotations smoothly into your sentences, punctuating and citing them correctly. Do not use long block quotations.
10. Use an attribution tag to introduce the literary criticism author and his or her credentials and/or article title (if no author is given) when you first include it in your essay.
12. Create a Works Cited page using correct MLA formatting for your sources: the novel and one library database article.
We aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise on the quality of our assignment services. Our homework helpers craft each paper carefully to match the requirements on the instruction form.
We receive many applications from writers around the world daily. Nevertheless, we only choose the cream of the crop to tackle your “help with homework” requests. Hence, our homework helpers are highly-qualified individuals who maintain our quality policy.
We maintain a fair pricing policy for all our homework help services. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the requirements of each paper.
At My Homework Writers, we guarantee all students swift delivery of their assignments. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. We, therefore, ensure that all assignments are delivered on or before the agreed deadline.
We maintain a zero-plagiarism policy in all our essay papers. Our assignment writers stick to the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are also keen to avoid any chance of similarities with previously written papers.
We understand that you might run into trouble once in a while when working with our system. In the event that you do run into trouble, please get in touch with our support agents and they will immediately provide you with assistance.
Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow these simple steps to get your homework done
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
You will be able to track the progress of your paper from our system.
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Myhomeworkwriters website holds a reputation for providing high-quality assignment writing services. You only need to give us all the requirements for your “do my homework” order, and our homework paper writers will give you the best results.
We have highly qualified essay writers to assist you whenever you place in "help with my homework" order. Our essay writing service is designed to help students get good grades.
Our admission essay writing help will assist you to secure a position at your desired learning institution. We will help you craft a top-notch personal statement paper. Our writers who know how to write a college admission essay will help you get the college admission you are longing for.
Our team of professional editors will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper possesses quality and originality.
My homeworkwriters harbors specialists who can handle your technical papers order. Our “write my homework” services cover all academic areas you can think of. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of assignment writing services.