For this 800-1000 word essay (not including the Works Cited), you will analyze one character in Ron Rash’s novel Above the Waterfall. Choose a main character or a minor character, and discuss this character’s development over the course of the novel. Avoid summarizing the novel–this is not a book report. Some examples of what you could cover in a character analysis are:
What function does this character serve in the novel, and why is that significant? (For example, is the character a catalyst, antagonist, protagonist, or foil?)
How does the character change over the course of the novel and why?
What does this character show about the human psyche?
What does this character reveal about society?
What does this character reveal about social roles? Does this character fit into a specific role or does this character show that we don’t or shouldn’t fit into socially prescribed roles?
What does this character reveal about a particular allusion, symbol, or theme in the novel?
***Don’t attempt to answer all of these questions in such a short essay–these are examples of the kinds of questions you may choose to focus your analysis.
Your goal is to write a well-organized, well-developed, correctly cited, grammatically and mechanically acceptable essay. Include an introduction with an audience attention-getter and a thesis statement. Write well-developed body paragraphs with ample evidence (details and quotations) cited from the novel and supporting evidence cited from a reputable journal article about the novel or about a topic related to the novel (such as the Appalachian Region in NC, methamphetamine addiction, environmental preservation, etc.). Transition smoothly between paragraphs and ideas. Write a conclusion that draws the analysis to a strong close, rather than merely restatign the thesis or content of the earlier paragraphs.
Websites are not allowed as sources.
1. Use MLA format, as required for the course (see the details provided within the “Getting Started/Course Info.” folder).
2. Title your essay creatively–do not give your essay the same title as the novel or character you are analyzing.
3. Use literary present tense (refer to events in the novel in present tense rather than past tense).
4. Write in third person since this is a formal essay. Use “the reader” or “readers,” not “I,” “me,” “my,” “you,” “your,” or “yourself,” as in this example: “The reader notices Ron Rash’s use of allusion in Part One when….”
5. The first time you refer to the author in a sentence, use his full name: Ron Rash. After that, only use his last name in sentences: Rash. Do not refer to authors by first name.
6. Italicize the novel’s title, Above the Waterfall. Treat all other source titles appropriately, with either quotation marks or italics, according to the type of source.
7. To support your analysis in every body paragraph, use quotations cited from the novel and quotations or paraphrases cited from a library database article.
8. Use MLA-style parenthetical in-text citations for all quotations and paraphrases.
9. Integrate quotations smoothly into your sentences, punctuating and citing them correctly. Do not use long block quotations.
10. Use an attribution tag to introduce the literary criticism author and his or her credentials and/or article title (if no author is given) when you first include it in your essay.
12. Create a Works Cited page using correct MLA formatting for your sources: the novel and one library database article.
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.