Health, Wellness, Nutrition, and Safety Presentation Assignment | Health, Wellness, Nutrition, and Safety Presentation
As a teacher, you have an opportunity to share the knowledge you have gained in this course with your colleagues to collaboratively approach health, nutrition, safety, and wellness goals. In this final project, you will create a presentation for other educators in your center focused on developing a program that values health, nutrition, safety, and wellness.
For this presentation, imagine yourself in a team of teachers at an early childcare setting working toward accreditation through the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). In this process, you have been tasked with creating a professional development training for teachers focused on enhancing effective health, nutrition, and safety practices at your early childcare center. Use what has been learned in this course, as well as practical application and research, to support your presentation.
You can be creative for this presentation but you must include the following:
1. Introduction that states the purpose of the presentation (one slide)
2. Health and wellness (two slides) Explain what this component includes in the early childhood classroom. Describe two strategies to support health and wellness in the classroom. Describe one idea, activity, or game concerning an important nutrition topic for families to explore. For example, you may include a sorting game that has pictures or text of sick or hurt children. Families can then sort the content into two piles, such as “okay to attend school” or “stay home.” Examples of pictures or text could include a runny nose, fever, scraped knee, sneezing, adhesive bandage, etcetera. Consider creative and fun ideas that allow families to explore the topic and materials. Potentially being something for future use, apply effort in making it useful for yourself and others.
3. Nutrition (two slides)
Explain what this component includes in the early childhood classroom.
Describe two strategies to support nutritional choices and possible food allergies in children.
Describe one idea, activity, or game concerning an important nutrition topic for families to explore.
For example, you may include a healthy recipe book, a single recipe for making a healthy snack together, or a grocery store game. Demonstrate a way that will involve families in learning about nutrition.
4. Safety (two slides) Explain what this component includes in the early childhood classroom. Describe two strategies on safety in the early childhood classroom. Describe one idea, activity, or game concerning an important safety topic for families to explore. For example, you might consider giving each child a composition book to encourage children and families to draw a picture of something that they do safely or a safety practice they follow at home. Be creative. What is one way for inspiring families to engage in a safety topic?
5. Obstacles and plan (two slides) Discuss one obstacle that teachers may encounter when implementing strategies for health and wellness, nutrition, and safety and a plan for dealing with the challenge.
6. Family engagement resources (one to two slides)
Identify at least two resources that teachers can utilize in their planning and implementation of health and wellness, nutrition, and safety. These can be text or web-based resources. Include one APA citation for a children’s book that you can place in an informational backpack for families to read together. In addition to the citation, please summarize the story. Include one APA citation for a resource that will support families in learning more about one of the topics.
In addition to the citation, please summarize the resource. S
ummary of what was covered in the presentation (one slide).
Reference page (one slide) Include the resources that you used for the information on your slides.
You have two options for your Final Presentation You may choose to submit a PowerPoint presentation. Or you may choose to create a Prezi (Links to an external site.) presentation using the free version. Be creative in your delivery. Include visuals, audio, and video if you choose. Take time to be thorough in your content.
Be sure to address the required topics with critical thought, elaboration, and college-level writing. The Health, Wellness, Nutrition, and Safety Presentation Must be 11 to 12 slides in length (not including title and references slides) and formatted according to APA style
Must include a separate title slide with the following:
Title of project
Course name and number
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
Must use at least eight scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional