Reply to Peers
*Note: You will not be able to view your peers’ posting until you initially post. Let’s try to identify which peer’s posting you are replying to by using their first name at the beginning of your reply. Replying to one or two peers will satisfy this criteria.
Here is what the aim should be for when replying to your peers:
Extending meaningful discussion by elaborating on your peers’ initial posting through adding to or expanding upon the initial thoughts or questions posted.
Advancing the discussion by posing new questions to your peers or class.
Asking for clarification (in a respectful manner) on confusions you may have about initial postings by the instructor and/or peers.
TASK 1 of Redistricting Activity: Mission 1 (Fundamentals Basic)
Political Party; REPUBLICAN. ( Goal is to redraw district lines for the State of Jefferson to make all districts equal in size)
1) Yes, I succeeded in drawing the district lines so that the population was equal in in the state of Jefferson.
– Two bodies of government approved my plan, namely; The State Legislature and the Governor, the voting results were as follows:
For the State Legislature: 64 Yes and 36 Nays. My plan was then pass to the Governor for review.
For the Governor: The plan was signed and now off to the Courts.
For the Court: The Court disapproved my plan. After the rejection, the court asked me to return to the map and revise.
Reason for the Court’s Disapproval (Rulings) was as follows:
Plaintif : Sybil Rites (Clue). Rejection of the plan was on grounds that my plan did not meet contiguity laws. So based on such reasoning, the State Court Ruling was UPHELD.
2) After completing this section of the game, although the navigation process was easy, but the procedure for redistricting was complicated than I thought, because despite going back to the map for revision as directed by the Court, both the legislature and the governor still gave their approval signatory respectively, but for the court who stood its ground. This made me understand that redistricting is not as smooth as one will think. All three bodies must be on the same lane for 100%approval.
TASK 2 of redistricting Activity: Mission 2 (Partisan Gerrymandering Basic)
Political Party (Republican)
Mission (Goal): The State of Adams has 4 Seats distributed equally between Democrats and Republican with 2 Seats each, but we need to redistrict in favor of our party, Republican to have 3 Seats instead of 2.
1) No, I did not succeed to in gerrymandering the redistrict the lines in favor of the Republican Party.
– Non of the body of government approved my plan. However, the governor had to veto and called for a backup commission after the state failed to approve of it.
– My plan failed approval because according the State Legislature, a backup commission was required to redraw the lines to equal population after several attempts was made to no avail.
– The reasoning was simply that it was mapped as unconstitutional by the State Court. This was due to issues that intersect with redistricting policy, such as; ethnicity, race and electoral competitiveness, with respect to State Legislation for redistricting, which contradicts federal requirement standards.
2) After completing this section of the game, my impression is that it is difficult and complicated to use gerrymander in favor of one’s party. First, because of separation of powers. All sorts of self-favoritism, corruption, discrimination and dishonesty is scrutinized and counteracted by other government bodies involved in the process. Moreover, gerrymandering will be difficult in a process which requires equal state legislative representation for all citizens of all places and races, and it is unconstitutional if the largest and smallest districts are more than 10% apart.
Therefore, gerrymandering should be illegal and banned. Not only because it was considered unconstitutional by the court, but it is bad, biased, unfair, corrupt, and not a transparent approach. Also, Gerrymandering stands on the way of true democracy, and it violates the law of equal protection. Moreover, instead of voters choosing their representatives, it is the representatives who seem to chose their voters. In addition, gerrymandering obstructs winning by merit or majority because one party may get the majority votes and the other party ends up winning the election and carries more elected representatives; a very bad system. Thus, this are some of the reasons why I think gerrymandering should unapologetically be illegitimated.
Homework for You
We aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise on the quality of our assignment services and strive to maintain the highest standards of work for all our clients. Our writers craft each paper carefully to match the requirements on the instructions form while at the same time being surgical and objective while handling client work.
We receive many applications from writers around the world daily. Nevertheless, we only choose the cream of the crop to tackle your “help with homework” requests. Hence, our homework helpers are highly-qualified individuals who adhere to our quality policy.
We maintain a fair pricing policy for all our homework help services. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the requirements of each paper. Hence regardless of the complexity or duration of a paper, our system determines the most accurate and pocket-friendly price for all our clients.
At MyHomeworkWriters, we guarantee all students swift delivery of their assignments. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. We, therefore, ensure that all assignments are delivered on or before the agreed deadline. This leaves room for editing to incase the client wants changes done to the work delivered by our writers.
We maintain a zero-plagiarism policy in all our papers. Our writers stick to the instructions to deliver plagiarism-free work. Other than that, they extensively research the work they are handling and are keen to avoid any chance of similarities with previously written papers. Our editors check every completed work to ascertain it’s at the set standards.
Our main objective is to assist you through every step of your academic journey. Thus, we completely understand that you might run into trouble once in a while when interacting with our system. If you do run into trouble, please get in touch with our support agents and they will immediately provide you with assistance. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or email us.
Follow these simple steps to get your homework done
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
You will be able to track the progress of your paper from our system.
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Myhomeworkwriters holds a reputation for providing high-quality assignment writing services. You only need to give us all the requirements for your “do my homework” order, and our writers will give you the best results.
Our team is skilled and equipped in searching for information required to complete work handed over to them. Regardless of the complexity of the work, we are determined to get the job done. Extensive research when handling client requests makes it possible for us to be able to stick to the boundaries and guidelines set by the clients. Thus enabling us to keep the work original and plagiarism free.
We have highly qualified writers to assist you whenever you place in "help with my homework" order. Our essay writing service is designed to not only help students get good grades but also excel in their studies. Our writers are highly experienced and educated specialists and professionals who want to do more than creating a difference in the academic field.
Our editors have a keen eye when going through work. They can capture even the smallest of errors. This has been made possible by the fact that we have been in the academic field for more than 5 years now. Thus, they bring with them previous experience when going through work to be able to capture everything. These unique skills make it possible for us to deliver error-free work to our clients.
Our team has very experienced specialists and professionals. This gives us a competitive edge over our competitors. Whenever we receive work that needs to be redone, everyone gets involved. That’s inclusive of our editors. This collective involvement in doing work makes it possible for us to deliver high-quality work to all our clients. Other than that it makes it possible for us to adhere to our originality and plagiarism-free policies.