Read these instructions and select one (1) A question and one (1) B question to answer in the discussion thread in a single main post.
You are to write a minimum of 300-400 words for your main post and a minimum of 100-150 words for each response to a classmate. Always support your ideas, arguments, and comments with appropriately referenced (APA) literature, theory, and research. Respond with sufficient detail to support your position while citing specific examples and applying concepts from the course materials. Please ensure that you include in-text citations and a proper bibliographic reference for all of your sources, to include the course materials. Writing mechanics count in every post you make.
A. QUESTIONS (select one for discussion):
1. During his search of a homicide scene, Investigator Smith collects evidence that includes a bloody shirt. After the crime scene team has completely processed the scene, Investigator Smith packages the shirt in a paper bag, seals the bag, and labels it to indicate the contents.
He then delivers the shirt to the laboratory with an evidence submission form. There a forensic scientist breaks the seal, removes the shirt, and performs a series of tests on it. He replaces the shirt, discards the old seal, and places a new seal on the package containing his initials and the date on which it was resealed.
What mistakes, if any, were made in handling the shirt? If there were no errors discuss why the actions taken were appropriate for this situation. If you find that errors were made, discuss the appropriate actions for this situation.
2. Investigator Wright arrives at a murder scene and finds the body of a victim who has suffered a gunshot wound, but she doesn’t see any blood spatter on the wall or floor behind the body. What should she conclude from this observation? Explain your answer and support your rationale with your research.
3. Office Friendly is the first responder at an apparent homicide scene. After securing the area, interviewing the sole witness, and calling for backup, he begins to search for evidence. He makes note of a bloody knife lying next to the body. A small scrap of bloody cloth is clinging precariously to the knife. Because it is a very windy day, Officer Friendly removes the scrap of fabric and seals it in a plastic bag. A few moments later, the crime scene team, including a photographer, arrives to take over the investigation.
What mistakes, if any, did Officer Friendly make prior to the arrival of the crime scene team? If he made no errors discuss why the actions he took were appropriate for this situation. If you find that he made errors discuss the appropriate actions for this situation.
4. How are body fluids identified at a crime scene? Are there any considerations that need to be taken regarding how body fluids are identified? Why? Which of these fluids is easily located by Alternative Light Source (ALS)? Blood, Semen, Soap
ALS info: Evidence Tech Magazine & SPEX Forensics
What is the best method for collecting wet blood at a scene and what is a good method for collecting dried blood at a scene? What types of evidence might we expect to find on a suspect in a sexual assault case? Are there any special considerations that need to be taken when collecting evidence and reference samples from a suspect in a sexual assault case?
B. QUESTIONS (select one for discussion):
1. Bloodstain Pattern Analysis is the examination of the shape, size and distribution pattern of bloodstains found at the crime scene to reconstruct the occurrences that led to the bloodshed. Bloodstain pattern analysis is part of crime scene reconstruction and provides information that cannot be obtained through any other venue. In Bloodstain pattern analysis, we look at the area of convergence, in other words, the area where the victim was located during the bloodshed. The shape of the bloodstains can tell us the direction of travel of the victim or offender.
Explain the difference between an impact spatter pattern and a projected spatter pattern.
What is a wipe pattern and what is a swipe pattern?
Bloodstain Pattern Analyst
2. Blood stains (or spatter, NOT splatter) are classified into three basic types. Describe each basic type and give an example of each. Please discuss four (4) elements that blood spatter can indicate when reconstructing a crime scene.
3. What types of evidence might you encounter at a crime scene that might contain possible biohazards? What precautions would you take? Please justify your answers.
We aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise on the quality of our assignment services and strive to maintain the highest standards of work for all our clients. Our writers craft each paper carefully to match the requirements on the instructions form while at the same time being surgical and objective while handling client work.
We receive many applications from writers around the world daily. Nevertheless, we only choose the cream of the crop to tackle your “help with homework” requests. Hence, our homework helpers are highly-qualified individuals who adhere to our quality policy.
We maintain a fair pricing policy for all our homework help services. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the requirements of each paper. Hence regardless of the complexity or duration of a paper, our system determines the most accurate and pocket-friendly price for all our clients.
At MyHomeworkWriters, we guarantee all students swift delivery of their assignments. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. We, therefore, ensure that all assignments are delivered on or before the agreed deadline. This leaves room for editing to incase the client wants changes done to the work delivered by our writers.
We maintain a zero-plagiarism policy in all our papers. Our writers stick to the instructions to deliver plagiarism-free work. Other than that, they extensively research the work they are handling and are keen to avoid any chance of similarities with previously written papers. Our editors check every completed work to ascertain it’s at the set standards.
Our main objective is to assist you through every step of your academic journey. Thus, we completely understand that you might run into trouble once in a while when interacting with our system. If you do run into trouble, please get in touch with our support agents and they will immediately provide you with assistance. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or email us.
Follow these simple steps to get your homework done
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
You will be able to track the progress of your paper from our system.
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Myhomeworkwriters holds a reputation for providing high-quality assignment writing services. You only need to give us all the requirements for your “do my homework” order, and our writers will give you the best results.
Our team is skilled and equipped in searching for information required to complete work handed over to them. Regardless of the complexity of the work, we are determined to get the job done. Extensive research when handling client requests makes it possible for us to be able to stick to the boundaries and guidelines set by the clients. Thus enabling us to keep the work original and plagiarism free.
We have highly qualified writers to assist you whenever you place in "help with my homework" order. Our essay writing service is designed to not only help students get good grades but also excel in their studies. Our writers are highly experienced and educated specialists and professionals who want to do more than creating a difference in the academic field.
Our editors have a keen eye when going through work. They can capture even the smallest of errors. This has been made possible by the fact that we have been in the academic field for more than 5 years now. Thus, they bring with them previous experience when going through work to be able to capture everything. These unique skills make it possible for us to deliver error-free work to our clients.
Our team has very experienced specialists and professionals. This gives us a competitive edge over our competitors. Whenever we receive work that needs to be redone, everyone gets involved. That’s inclusive of our editors. This collective involvement in doing work makes it possible for us to deliver high-quality work to all our clients. Other than that it makes it possible for us to adhere to our originality and plagiarism-free policies.