Read these instructions and select one (1) A question and one (1) B question to answer in the discussion thread in a single main post.
You are to write a minimum of 300-400 words for your main post and a minimum of 100-150 words for each response to a classmate. Always support your ideas, arguments, and comments with appropriately referenced (APA) literature, theory, and research. Respond with sufficient detail to support your position while citing specific examples and applying concepts from the course materials. Please ensure that you include in-text citations and a proper bibliographic reference for all of your sources, to include the course materials. Writing mechanics count in every post you make.
A. QUESTIONS (select one for discussion):
1. During his search of a homicide scene, Investigator Smith collects evidence that includes a bloody shirt. After the crime scene team has completely processed the scene, Investigator Smith packages the shirt in a paper bag, seals the bag, and labels it to indicate the contents.
He then delivers the shirt to the laboratory with an evidence submission form. There a forensic scientist breaks the seal, removes the shirt, and performs a series of tests on it. He replaces the shirt, discards the old seal, and places a new seal on the package containing his initials and the date on which it was resealed.
What mistakes, if any, were made in handling the shirt? If there were no errors discuss why the actions taken were appropriate for this situation. If you find that errors were made, discuss the appropriate actions for this situation.
2. Investigator Wright arrives at a murder scene and finds the body of a victim who has suffered a gunshot wound, but she doesn’t see any blood spatter on the wall or floor behind the body. What should she conclude from this observation? Explain your answer and support your rationale with your research.
3. Office Friendly is the first responder at an apparent homicide scene. After securing the area, interviewing the sole witness, and calling for backup, he begins to search for evidence. He makes note of a bloody knife lying next to the body. A small scrap of bloody cloth is clinging precariously to the knife. Because it is a very windy day, Officer Friendly removes the scrap of fabric and seals it in a plastic bag. A few moments later, the crime scene team, including a photographer, arrives to take over the investigation.
What mistakes, if any, did Officer Friendly make prior to the arrival of the crime scene team? If he made no errors discuss why the actions he took were appropriate for this situation. If you find that he made errors discuss the appropriate actions for this situation.
4. How are body fluids identified at a crime scene? Are there any considerations that need to be taken regarding how body fluids are identified? Why? Which of these fluids is easily located by Alternative Light Source (ALS)? Blood, Semen, Soap
ALS info: Evidence Tech Magazine & SPEX Forensics
What is the best method for collecting wet blood at a scene and what is a good method for collecting dried blood at a scene? What types of evidence might we expect to find on a suspect in a sexual assault case? Are there any special considerations that need to be taken when collecting evidence and reference samples from a suspect in a sexual assault case?
B. QUESTIONS (select one for discussion):
1. Bloodstain Pattern Analysis is the examination of the shape, size and distribution pattern of bloodstains found at the crime scene to reconstruct the occurrences that led to the bloodshed. Bloodstain pattern analysis is part of crime scene reconstruction and provides information that cannot be obtained through any other venue. In Bloodstain pattern analysis, we look at the area of convergence, in other words, the area where the victim was located during the bloodshed. The shape of the bloodstains can tell us the direction of travel of the victim or offender.
Explain the difference between an impact spatter pattern and a projected spatter pattern.
What is a wipe pattern and what is a swipe pattern?
Bloodstain Pattern Analyst
2. Blood stains (or spatter, NOT splatter) are classified into three basic types. Describe each basic type and give an example of each. Please discuss four (4) elements that blood spatter can indicate when reconstructing a crime scene.
3. What types of evidence might you encounter at a crime scene that might contain possible biohazards? What precautions would you take? Please justify your answers.
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.