2 essays | Psychology homework help
Will pay $15 for two 400 word essays in APA style (I use turnitin to check for plagarism)
In Week One, you were introduced to one of the most famous works in philosophy: Plato’s “Allegory of the Cave.” In another work by Plato, titled Apology, Socrates is on trial. The wordapology in this context means defense. Socrates is presenting a defense of himself. In this reading, you will see how Socrates uses critical thinking to defend himself against the charges brought against him and the outcome of his trial. In fact, Socrates is generally recognized as being the founder of critical thinking. The Socratic method of questioning involves examining ideas in order to purify them and understand more about them. As you read the Apology, pay attention to the way that Socrates responds to his accusers and the methods he uses to present the argument that he is in fact innocent.
The essay must be 400 words in length, excluding title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA style. If you would like to refer to APA samples and tutorials, review theAPA Checklist within the Ashford Writing Center (https://awc.ashford.edu/cd-apa-checklist.html) located in the Learning Resources tab in the left navigation bar. The only required resource for this assignment is the Apology. This should be the piece that you primarily use to complete this assignment. Secondary sources are welcome but not necessary, and they may not be used in place of the Apology.
After you have read the Apology, write a 400-word essay in which you:
- Identify both sets of charges that were brought against Socrates.
- Explain how Socrates responds to these charges, and identify the premises he uses to support his claims of innocence.
- Explain what Socrates claims is his role in Athenian society and how he knows that this is his role.
- Present your own view of Socrates’ guilt or innocence.
- Would you have voted to convict him or to set him free?
- Support your claims with your premises/reasons
Please choose one of the following videos:
For this assignment, you will outline at least one of the arguments that you believe are made in the video you selected. In your outline:
- Identify the issue that is addressed and the conclusion that is presented.
- Identify the premises that are given in support of that conclusion.
- Explain whether or not you think the argument is convincing by presenting your reasons for this position. If you do not have evidence for your position, you should consult scholarly materials that relate to the position you present.
Here is an example of an outline about an argument from the Monty Python Argument Clinicvideo. Utilize the same structure found in the example, but be sure to provide enough detail to satisfactorily complete all aspects of the prompt.
There is no minimum word count, but you must include a title page and reference page in APA style. The only required resource for this assignment is the multimedia source you chose to analyze. This should be the source that you primarily use to complete the assignment. Secondary sources are welcome but not necessary, and they should not be used in place of the argument piece you selected.